Monday, July 6, 2009

Ode to the Camp

Weary eyed, I arrived at the site. Saw potential friends scamper to become a veteran camper. The day began with a bang, hearing Sahil speak his slang. It cracked me up to see you-know-who already searching for his shoe. We lined up for our track-suits, preparing for grander pursuits. The picture got clicked, I had already become an addict. The night was young, but we were all under dillu’s clung. Even though the guard and everyone else were furious Ghajini woudn’t deter, he was still curious. The sixty seconds to fame was a hard thing to tame. I never got my chance to enrapture everyone into a trance. The trip to Mcleodganj was fun In the end, we had to make a run. We were woefully late making everyone wait. The rock-climbing was exhilarating, let me tell you especially, when the rest of my house was busy visiting the zoo. Mallika raised a huge fuss We absolutely enjoyed – on our way back to the bus. The singing and dancing was electrifying everyone did their best, no lack of trying. The girls set the stage on fire such was their attire. The impromptu jam session was a surprise On space, though, we had to compromise. It was a sticky mess But, everyone enjoyed it, I guess. The nightly sessions continued to them, I won’t allude Some were left in awe, But Arjun only went, “Haw!” The artists came alive others, though, nosedived. Anuj got a whipping So he won’t go to another’s house tripping. Thence came the best part for which we had been waiting right from the start. The long trek finally left us in a wreck. The cooking that was to follow made us gulp and swallow. We did our best, judges decided the rest. Brains were put to test quiz competition was the best. Fateh was a geni-arse all the points he was able to amass. Oh, don’t get me started on what came next it left us all perplexed. We wasted a day doing nought ten hours of torture, left us distraught. The journey back demands a mention the Chenab girls relieved all the tension. I still state to this day, Shaurya and I are not gay. The next day we got to relax as we reached the camp’s climax. It was the camp-fire night which was to be lit hot and bright. It was a night I won’t forget Amith, I am sure, won’t also regret. The dance was glowing, and the booze was also flowing. And now, the bags are packed, all lined up for show I still don’t wanna leave, so does everyone else I know. Eyes are misty and wet, the time is not right, not yet. These past days have been heaven, the week should have had more than its seven. It just doesn’t seem fair to say adios to our lair. I look back to our fun-filled times all our mischiefs and our crimes. Even though we have said our good-byes, I will always treasure those days, looking at the skies.

1 comment:

  1. Really nice.....very funny in parts. And you did rhyme all those lines!

    ReplyDelete