Sunday, May 24, 2009

Oh my GOD!!

Supporting Link 1 Supporting Link 2 Supporting Link 3 No seriously! What is wrong with people these days? Can't we really co-exist peacefully? Oh, right! Whom am I kidding? God conveniently forgot to hard-wire 'existing peacefully' into our genetic make-up; the same GOD that these people are fighting over. Now, I am not an atheist. But, I do draw the line over this....

PUNJAB TENSED: Protesters pelted stones at vehicles and damaged three buses in Jalandhar.

This is a picture from Jalandhar. I mean, what has that poor owner of the truck done to the protestors' religious sentiments? Or, for that matter, the issue at hand. What has Sri Guru Ravidas Ji done to incite Sikhs around the world? I mean, don't we call all teachers as Gurus? And wasn't the Sikh religion based on this same principle, that all our Gurus are not Gods, but messengers of God?I do not profess to be an expert on Sikhism or religious politics, but I do know madness and fanatisicm when I see it.
And it is not just with this one religion that things are going out of hand. We can see it happening with almost every religion in the world. with Christianity, Hinduism and Islam in the forefront. While all of these religions were founded on the same principles of love and brotherhood, this message seems to have been forgotten in the endless politics that has taken over the religions. The only saving grace with this news is that only Dera Sachkhand were the perpetrators and none from the Sikh community retaliated. Well, thank GOD for that! We surely don't need another Dera Sachha Sauda incident on our hands. Moving on, the IPL madness has finally come to an end with a nailbiting finale. Personally, I won't say that this season of the IPL was as entertaining as the last one, because that would be a plain, flat-out, white lie. It wasn't. It wasn't in India, so, so much for the INDIAN Primier League. And to boot, the elections were also taking place and that added to the distraction. And lastly, college applications took a huge chunk of my time. Nonetheless, congrats to Deccan Chargers for their impressive win and I wish them the best for the Champions League, which is to take place sometime this October. The last topic on agenda are the Cabinet Berths.....Seems like that the trouble for Congress is not yet over. I believe that, after DMK got its wishes, other allies, and particularly the NCP, is also demanding fair share. They say that the allies were getting a cabinet berth for every 8 MPs they gave and that DMK has got more..... Wait a minute.....is this a barter system going on? I mean 'get a cabinet berth for every 8 MPs'? WTF?! What is this, a Mega Sale on the Westside, or what? Buy 3 and get 1 free! Helloooo?! The Congress is the party with the highest number of MPs, so quit blubbering about it and deal with it. If not, I am sure that us voters will be able to take away whatever little the 'others' have got. Sheeesh! Seriously.... Ohkay, that is the end of rant for me.... Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment