Monday, May 25, 2009

Season of garishingly clashing colours...

While I was watching Star Sports, trying to catch a glimpse of the Roland Garros (that's the French Open for those not so in the know-how), I was taken aback by the flash of gaudy colours. Intrigued, I let the match run on for a few minutes to see who was the fashion disaster that was playing. Guess my surprise when I realised that it was the King of Clay himself. Have a look....
Rafael Nadal
I mean, WTF?! O.o What was he thinking? Doesn't he know that pink does NOT go with yellow? Or for the matter, with Blue? And hasn't he ever noticed that the clay is already a glaring orange? As if that weren't enough, I was subjected to another fashion anomaly. Here...
French Open 2009 Photos: Rafael nadal vs Marcos Daniel
His opponent, Marcos Daniel of Brazil was wearing, yes folks that is right, LIME coloured shirt. Let me tell you guys, this pic actually does justice to the T-shirt. But if you had seen it on Live television, along with all those French Ball Boys' lime coloured T-Shirts, you would have run screaming! I am sure that had Vinay Khosla (Harsh Chhaya from the movie Fashion) seen them on TV, he'd have gone, "Oh puh-leeze! Sfphaare me the Hovvor!"
The match, though, was worth watching. Nadal at his best. Check out the rest of the pics, here.
In other news, I guess I spoke too soon when I said that there wasn't any retaliation or voilence in the home front related to the Vienna killings. I mean, this is India! How can we guys let go a free chance to destroy public property, right?! <_<> Supporting Link 1
Curfview was imposed in several major cities of Punjab and tensions mounted through the day. So much for lauding them in my previous post!! The worst part is, they are not even a part of the Sikh community and the said religion is being blamed. They are a part of Ravidasis and Dera Sachkhand, which are, technically, not Sikhs.
Well, this also just came in. Apparently, North Korea has 'tested' yet another of their nuclear capable missiles.
Supporting Link 2
Heelllooo? When are the countries of the world going to take Pyongyang's case? Hell, a country with 'supposed' WMDs was attacked, conquered and left to ruins, but here, a country is openly defying world consensus and we are all 'expressing concerns about regional and international securtiy'. Dumbasses!
I am not saying that another military operation is a solution to this. But if sanctions upon sanctions have not deterred DPRK's resolve, certainly there must be some other way. Don't tell me that the International think-tank's tank is empty right now?
Well, to round this up, I send out a heartfelt prayer to those affected in the Cyclone Aila. By God's grace, no major city is in its path, but I hope and pray that even the smaller towns that are, receive minimal damge to both life and property. May the recovery process be fast (hopefully) and efficient. And may the lost souls find peace in the afterlife. Take care....

2 comments:

  1. Gosh! you have to admit... Rafa's gone berserk with that ahem 'outfit'!...
    And yes the Vienna backlash in india is unfortunate... I mean do we NEED a reason to beat each other up...???

    but nice post man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, dude... :)

    And w00t!! Thanks for being my very first follower!! :)

    ReplyDelete