Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Psshht!

Dang! What was I thinking? Seriously, going off on my last post, who am I kidding? After being an agony aunt for so long, hearing other people gripe about their lives, and offering them advice, I am now hearing the same things....funny being on the other side of the dais. Kinda makes me realize how fickle these things are.
Bah! Humbug!
Life's too short to piss it away. As I sit at the Tenley front desk, working my shift, epiphany after epiphany hit me. Why am I letting a few small failures bring me down? I can't let them dictate my life. Sure, it hurts....it makes me feel like shit, but how many times have I heard, said, and advocated the theory of "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade"? I can't count. So, to all those who have rejected me because they found someone better to do the job.....to all who those who refused to tell me what the fuck was wrong....I say GO TO HELL!
I am not letting this affect me. Yes, I might mope around for some short bursts of time, but I don't want these setbacks to take control of me. Rather, I want to take them by the neck, strangle them, and after they beg for mercy, throw them in a trashcan (after all, AU is a green campus).... ;-)
One thing that I can take away from this experience as positive would be that Beast - my muse - is BACK, and boy is he back with a BANG!! All my unfinished novels, short stories, and poems are going DOWN! *Insert cheeky grin*
If life's a bitch, rebounds are a whore!! And everyone knows I am a slut, right!!! :P ;-)
Ciao
Bikram

No comments:

Post a Comment